For most people, diagnosis of a critical illness is just the beginning. If you suffer from one of the covered conditions a one-time lump sum benefit will be paid to you.This benefit will enable you to focus on regaining your health and allow you to recover on your own terms.
In conjunction with this lump sum benefit, you will have access to Assistance Services that include:
- Best Doctors™ – provides access to the best specialists worldwide.
- Daily Living Assistance – A designated Care Coach can research and contact local resources to assist you with your daily activities.
- Healing the Whole Person – this program offers emotional and psychological support to enhance your recovery.
Examples of medical conditions currently covered include:
- Heart Attack
- Paralysis or Loss of Limbs
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Major Organ Transplant
- Severe Burns
- Renal Failure
- Loss of Speech
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Occupational HIV Infection
The minimum earnings threshold to qualify for this program is $17,500. Qualified members will receive an application that they must complete and return within the required time limit. Any members who do not return the documentation within the allotted time frame are excluded from this program.
Please contact the MBT office for more information on the Critical Illness Recovery Plan.